Dr. Andrew C. Freel - Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Freel was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended Jesuit High School before departing for Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, for undergraduate studies. He returned to New Orleans where he received his medical degree from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans in 2003.
He completed a General Surgery residency at LSUHSC in New Orleans. During this time, he completed a one year research fellowship in surgical outcomes as the inaugural research fellow for the American College of Surgeons Clinical Scholars Program in Chicago, Illinois where he also completed graduate coursework at Northwestern University.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery with Continuing Maintenance of Certification – 2012
- American Board of Surgery – 2009
- B.S. – Duke University 1999
- M.D. – LSUHSC New Orleans 2003
- General Surgery Residency – LSUHSC New Orleans 2009
- Plastic Surgery Residency – LSUHSC New Orleans 2011
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- Adjunct Clinical Professor LSUHSC Division of Plastic Surgery