Dr. Andrew C. Freel - Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Freel was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended Jesuit High School before departing for Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, for undergraduate studies. He returned to New Orleans where he received his medical degree from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans in 2003.
He completed a General Surgery residency at LSUHSC in New Orleans. During this time, he completed a one-year research fellowship in surgical outcomes as the inaugural research fellow for the American College of Surgeons Clinical Scholars Program in Chicago, Illinois where he also completed graduate coursework at Northwestern University. He then returned to New Orleans to finish his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at LSUHSC, where he was the Chief Resident from 2010 – 2011.
Dr. Freel is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has been a continuous member since 2012. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.). He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is additionally board certified by the American Board of Surgery after completion of his General Surgery Residency. He also is an assistant clinical professor for Louisiana State University’s Health Science Department in the Plastic Surgery Division. Recently, Dr. Freel was named as one of Baton Rouge’s “Forty under 40” professionals by the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report.
Dr. Freel lives in Baton Rouge with his wife, Angelique, and their three children. In his spare time, Dr. Freel enjoys all things that revolve around his family. They enjoy traveling to new places together but often revisit their favorite place, Disney World.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery with Continuing Maintenance of Certification – 2012
- American Board of Surgery – 2009
- B.S. – Duke University 1999
- M.D. – LSUHSC New Orleans 2003
- General Surgery Residency – LSUHSC New Orleans 2009
- Plastic Surgery Residency – LSUHSC New Orleans 2011
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- Adjunct Clinical Professor LSUHSC Division of Plastic Surgery